Friday 13 December 2013

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

This book is the tale of a man who leaves his mundane life when he begins to be influenced by an enigmatic young figure called Tyler Durden who holds secret boxing matches in the basement of bars. It is fast paced with only 208 pages and I found myself flying through this story. It was also well written and the fast pace did not distract from the more thought provoking elements that the tale introduced. I think that it can be rare to find a book where the plot and character development are equally as strong. This book proves that character development does not have to be sacrificed for plot or vice versa. Chuck Palahniuk made me care about a character who easily could have been alienating, whilst also making my heart race, particularly near the end.  I have never seen the film,  so I can’t compare between the two, but I can’t imagine anything could be better than the book because it was fantastic. I would recommend this book to anyone and I would give it five out of five stars.  


No comments:

Post a Comment