Thursday 19 December 2013

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

This book is the story of an eighteen year old girl who  is attempting to find herself after leaving School by travelling through South America with a tour group. This trip is particularly significant to her as she is also leaving behind memories of a negative relationship and two kinda bitchy best friends. The only problem is the tour group is  filled with people who are twice her age and is the complete opposite of what she expected, but then she meets two backpackers Rowan and Starling. She leaves her tour group and goes on a real adventure through South America.  I liked this book, but I did not love it. I liked the main character and she was someone I could relate to in many ways and I also enjoyed the way the author described the setting. However, both of these things were not strong enough to avoid the fact that the plot was simple. Don’t get me wrong, the plot does not always have to be incredibly complex or anything, but if the plot is simplistic than the writing has to be strong enough to carry the entire book and this was not the case for Wanderlove.  I would give this book 3 stars and I would recommend it for people who are interested in travel or someone who is searching for a good beach read.

No comments:

Post a Comment