Monday 6 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is iconic and I've heard so many people talk about the story and I was just so excited to start it. As I'm sure many of you already know, this book follows the tale of three close teenage friends who have suffered or who are suffering with cancer. It is a story of love, loss and learning to value life. The book is narrated by a sixteen year old girl called Hazel and we learn within the first few pages that her cancer is terminal. Due to this, she is an incredibly reflective character and some of her thoughts which are introduced to us are profound. I loved the dynamic between Hazel and Augustus who is the love interest in this novel. They both have contrasting personalities, but yet you equally care for both of them. I have heard from many people that The Fault in Our Stars is their favourite book and it brought them to tears. It is not my favourite book and it did not bring me to tears. It was a touching book and it made me feel quite contemplative, however, there were a few too many cliche moments which made it feel less realistic. I think if there had been less of those than there is a strong possibility that I would have cried. I still strongly recommend this book and I am excited to see how it is interpreted in film, which is being release in June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment